ADOPTING ONE CHILD WON'T CHANGE THE WORLD; BUT FOR THAT CHILD THE WORLD WILL CHANGE.



Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Soon?

Nothing yet.  I can't even begin to tell you how brutal this wait is right now!  We hope the problem is resolved very soon.  I received a call from a very nice woman at the National Visa Center (NVC) this morning.  She was very helpful and offered a solution that I forwarded to the staff working on our case at the Embassy in Ghana.  We really hope an approval is on its way soon!

We thought we were looking at end of Feb to middle of March homecoming.  At this point we will be lucky if it is end of March or beginning of April.......very well could end up middle of April.  Not what we anticipated!  So much for all those warm clothes we bought!

I had someone tell me today (another adoptive Mom in the process) that it is so hard to look to the future while still staying in the present.  That is such an understatement!  It's nearly impossible and I feel very paralyzed by the spot we are in.  For me, at least right now, it seems nearly impossible to be in the moment.  This isn't where I want to be!  I want to be in that point in time when we go get our kids!

3 comments:

  1. I really hope it is soon! I'm sure they can't wait to get home either! Have you already applied for their passports?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yes they already have their passports. We just need this I600 approval so we can move on to the visa step! How is your process going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SLOW! Still waiting on the court decree! (We passed Dec 21.) They don't have passports yet. I don't even know when to do that step!

    ReplyDelete